EID WITH MAKKAH?
THE MJC’S ERRONEOUS VIEW
After three decades, the MJC produces a stale fatwa which claimed that celebrating Eid with Makkah is incumbent. This view which the MJC sheikhs, lacking in sound Knowledge, had based on a fatwa issued by Al-Azhar University, was refuted by us in detail decades ago. Our detailed refutation is available to anyone who is interested.
On this issue, it is essential to understand the following facts:
1) There is no principle/tenet in the Shariah on the basis of which incumbency could be claimed for the whole world to celebrate Eid with Makkah. This view is pure personal opinion which is bereft of any Shar’i substantiation.
2) Contrary to the fatwa of Azhar and the MJC’s taqleedi view (taqleed of the modernist, deviant Al-Azhar), it is incumbent to initiate the Islamic months and to uphold the various Islamic dates and auspicious occasions on the basis of the Waajib principle of sighting the crescent moon. Eid shall therefore be incumbent on the basis of the confirmed sighting of the moon, NOT on the basis of Eid being declared in Makkah.
3) The issue of Eid with Makkah currently is even more corrupt in view of the declaration made by the kuffaar regime of Saudi Arabia. This regime masquerades as Muslim when in reality it is Munaafiq.
4) The Day of Arafah for us in South Africa, and in fact for the entire world this year, is on Tuesday 21st August 2018 (9th Zil Hajj) regardless of it having been declared to have been on Monday 20 August in Saudi Arabia.
5) Every community should follow the Islamic month as confirmed by actual sighting of the moon. This is the command of the Shariah.
6) The MJC’s 1988 article is bunkum devoid of Shar’i substance.
7) Noteworthy, is the MJC’s failure to follow its own fatwa. Despite the fatwa of 1988, the MJC with the Muslims in the Western Cape, have not abided by the corrupt view of Eid with Makkah for all these 30 years except for a tiny group of miscreants. If it was so ‘incumbent’ to have Eid with Makkah, then what had prevented the MJC from acting in accordance with their own stupid fatwa? The MJC with bogus ‘uucsa’ acted in stark conflict with this 1988 fatwa.
These MJC characters are opportunists and fence-sitters. They lack in entirety in Deeni fibre. They are among the worst mudhilleen about whom Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:
“Verily, I fear for my Ummah the aimmah mudhilleen (i.e. those sheikhs and molvis who misguide the masses.).”
In one narration Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) expressed greater fear for these miscreant characters than for even Dajjaal.
Why are they having Eid in Cape Town on Wednesday, 22 August, when it is Eid today (Tuesday 21 August) in Makkah? What is the hidden agenda underlying the circulation of the corrupt 1988 Fatwa? It can only be Saudi riyals and other perks!
9 Zul Hajj 1439 -- 21 August 2018