A Brother seeking clarification on qiraa’t programmes where faasiq qaaris are invited and honoured, writes:
“Justifying the qiraa’t programme by the Egyptian Qaari, Mahmood Shahat, one fellow presented the following argument which I hope The Majlis will respond to. Some people may be misled by his arguments which convey the idea that the great Ulama of Deoband are supportive of beardless qaaris and honouring them. A detailed response will be appreciated.”
The following reasons and factors discussed in this treatise, render the entertainment performances of the fussaaq qaaris HARAAM – haraam for them and haraam for others to participate and listen to the mockery made of the Qur’aan Majeed.
(1) The qaaris are all beardless FUSSAAQ, They flagrantly perpetrate the fisq of shaving their beards, the keeping of which is Waajib by the Consensus of all the Authorities of all the Math-habs since the very age of the Sahaabah.
(2) The motive of the performances is the haraam boodle received in exchange for reciting the Qur’aan Majeed. The qaaris are paid exorbitant sums of money for reciting the Qur’aan Majeed for public entertainment. Thousands of dollars are paid for the haraam performances. The Qur’aan Majeed is miserably traded in haraam ways for haraam dollars. It is haraam to even award Qur’aan reciters with gifts for their recitation.
(3) The haraam qiraa’t performances are conducted inside the Musaajid thereby defiling the sanctity of the Musaajid. It is not permissible for even a paid Ustaadh to teach children the Qur’aan Shareef inside the Musjid. The Musjid is not a venue for even halaal earning. The haraam earnings of the faassiq qaaris inside the Musjid is utterly deplorable.
(4) Haraam photography and videoing of the faasiq qaari and his performance are committed right inside the Musjid. This aggravates the fisq and fujoor of the qaaris, the organizers and the jaahil audience at the performance.
(5) Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: “Most of the munaafiqs of my Ummah are its qaaris.” After all, this has some valid meaning. After all, this truth of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is not redundant. It has to be manifested. We are observing its manifestation in our time in the form of the haraam performances of the Fussaaq qaaris.
(6) In particular, the faasiq Shahat character is a Shiah bootlicker – licking the Shiahs for the dollars. A couple of years ago, this self-same Shahat faasiq who has been invited to South Africa and sponsored by Juhala, was invited to perform in Iran. He performed for a Shiah crowd. Khamenei, the Shiah spiritual leader, was the most ‘important’ Shiah personality present.
Just imagine a ‘muslim’ entertaining a Shiah crowd with the Qur’aan Majeed which according to Shiahs is a fabrication of the Sahaabah. At the end of the performance, Shahat went forward, performed a bow and kissed the evil hands of the Shiah spiritual leader. Nifaaq drips from the faces of these fussaaq qaaris.